Call for extended abstracts
The 7th International Symposium for Next Generation Infrastructure (ISNGI 2021) invites academicians, practitioners from the infrastructure and utility industries, policy makers and other stakeholders to submit original research contributions, reviews and case studies pertaining to:
• the design, planning, financing, operation and management of next generation infrastructure
• next generation infrastructure policy making and regulation
• the research and innovation agenda for next generation infrastructure
Original contributions are especially welcome in the special topic areas selected for this conference:
• Infrastructure and Cities
• Infrastructure for the Net Zero Society
• Infrastructure in the Circular Economy
• System-of-Systems Thinking
• Measuring the Value of Infrastructure
• Sustainable Infrastructure
• Intelligent Infrastructure
• Adaptive Infrastructure Planning
• Funding and Finance for Infrastructure
• Infrastructure Development in the Face of Climate Change
• infrastructure transformation
• Smart infrastructure (in) emergency
• Temporalities of infrastructure
• Resilient infrastructure
• Infrastructure interdependencies
• Infrastructure aging and deterioration
• Uncertainty modeling and propagation in infrastructure analysis
• Governance of infrastructures for transitions
The list is not limitative. Original research contributions in other relevant topic areas will be welcomed, especially if they address the cross-sector and interdisciplinary complexity of infrastructure systems.
Abstract submission guidelines
To facilitate the submission process, please consider the following guidelines, information, tips, terms and deadlines mentioned:
• The word limit is 1500 words. The page limit is five, including tables and figures.
• Your abstract should be submitted in English
• The abstract should give clear insight into the purpose, methodology, results and conclusion(s) of the work
• We encourage you to add a brief biography with the abstract
• Submit your abstract to easychair: https://easychair.org/cfp/isngi2021 .
Abstract submission deadline
• Please submit your abstract before 31 May 2020
• After submission, the receipt of your abstract will be acknowledged via an email within three working days.
• All abstracts will be peer reviewed. You will be notified of acceptance for oral presentation or poster presentation at ISNGI 2021 by 31 August 2020.
Call for Special Sessions
Proposals for special sessions, workshops and discussion panels at the 7th International Symposium for Next Generation Infrastructure are most welcome, before 1 May 2020. Any such proposal must detail:
• The topic/theme and purpose
• The type of session (e.g., workshop, panel discussion)
• The participants/authors/panelists involved.
In case of a paper-based special session, provide the names of the authors and titles of their contributions.
Make sure that the authors submit their abstracts in time for the review process (deadline 31 May 2020).
Other important dates
• Early bird registration deadline: 15 September 2020
• Full paper submission deadline: 31 October 2020